Alison McBryde Casting
Actor's Seminars and Workshops
Tools to Improve Audition Technique and Develop Your Acting Career
Philadelphia, PA ~ Saturday, December 3rd and Sunday, December 4th, 2016
Boston, MA ~ Saturday, December 10th and Sunday, December 11th, 2016
Baltimore, MD ~ Saturday, December 17th and Sunday, December 18th, 2016
Session #1 - Your Acting Career Development and Success
Session Topics Will Include
• Using your professional tools effectively – pictures, resumes, demo reels, etc.
• The professional actor in the digital age – Using the internet effectively
• Casting Directors * Agents and Managers * Unions
• Knowing Your Type * Special Skills * Training
• Developing your career at locally
• Preparing for NY or LA – before you make your move
• Do's and Don'ts * Avoiding Scams
Session #2 - Audition Technique and Acting Workshop
This workshop will help each actor improve their audition and interview technique. All actors will have the opportunity to read in a mock audition and will be given specific notes to help them improve their audition and acting technique. Ms McBryde will explain the auditioning process from the casting director's point of view, and teach you how to successfully navigate the complicated maze of auditions.
Session Topics Will Include
• Creating a successful audition from the moment you walk in the door
• Mastering pre-reads, cold readings, call-backs and screen tests
• Successful self-taped auditions
• Staying relaxed and confident, avoiding common mistakes and awkward situation
• Research and Preparation
• Creating and connecting to your character
• Taking direction and criticism, making adjustments• Creating and connecting to your character
• Q&A: Answers to your specific professional questions
Class size for this session is limited. Please register early.
Instructor: Alison McBryde has been teaching and coaching for over 15 years. Her current and past students have had lead and featured roles in numerous movies including: "Lee Daniel's The Butler," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Steve Jobs," "The Lovely Bones," and "Miami Vice." They have appeared as series regulars, recurring and guest starring role in television series, which include: "Blue Bloods," "Turn: Washington's Spies," "Gotham," "Grey's Anatomy," "The Blacklist," and "Law & Order: SVU."
If you have questions or would like more information on registering, please contact:
Kendall Robbins at email@example.com
Important Note: These workshop are for for educational and professional development purposes only and will not secure or provide opportunity for employment and/or representation. Its goal is to help each actor to improve and perfect their audition technique and professionalism so that they will be more successful at future auditions and in their careers.